Mark CHAN 墨山
● Born in 1958. Lives and works in Singapore.
● Renowned composer, recording artist and poet in Singapore.
● His large scale visual art is realised
using Chinese ink and xuan paper with secondary treatments such as crumpling, wrinkling and folding.
● His work presents a lode of spiritual and philosophical insights from a rich life and self reflection.
● His most recent body of work is heavily influenced by Sufism, reflecting pain, tragedy and the will to get on and keep going.
● Planned to be in the first solo exhibition at Cromwell Place.